Respect Reverence Responsibility Resilience
Meaningful experiences that promote social, emotional, spiritual, linguistic, intellectual, creative and physical development
Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at Sacred Heart Thornlie.
We encourage all families to firstly take note of our school Enrolment Policy:
Sacred Heart exists for the primary purpose of providing Catholic children from the Parish of Thornlie with a Catholic Education.
Therefore, our enrolment priority or preference is given to:
- Catholic students from Sacred Heart Parish with a Parish Priest Reference
- Siblings of Catholic students already enrolled in Sacred Heart School Thornlie
- Catholic students transferring from outside the Sacred Heart Parish with a Parish Priest Reference
- Siblings of non-Catholic students
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations
- Other non-Catholic students
Please find to follow an outline of the documents required to enrol your child at Sacred Heart Thornlie. Please contact our Enrolments Officer should you have any questions relating to this process.
For an application to be lodged, the following documents/checklist must be submitted. Applications cannot be accepted unless all forms/certificates have been lodged. Any pending documentation will delay the enrolment process.
- Application form (please complete an application form for each child enrolling)
- Application fee to be paid $20.00 (per family)
- Parish Priest Reference Form
- Birth Certificate
- Baptism Certificate
- Immunisation Certificate (version printed from MyGov/Medicare)
- Data Collection Form
- If your child is born outside of Australia, we require a copy of your child’s current passport and a copy of the visa details or alternatively a copy of your Australian Citizenship
- Two of the most recent reports from your child’s previous school (if applicable)
- Most recent Naplan results (if applicable)
Please return all application forms to our Enrolments Officer together with a non-refundable application fee of $20.00 (payable per family). This fee relates to the cost of processing the application. An enrolment interview with the Principal or a member of the School Leadership Team will be made, and at the interview, you will be advised on the availability of a position. If successful you will receive an offer letter. To accept the position you will be required to sign and return the acceptance form and pay a $50.00 enrolment fee to complete the enrolment. This enrolment fee holds your child’s position and will be credited against your school fees account for the year of your child’s commencement. If you decide not to take up the position the $50 enrolment fee is non-refundable.
Application for enrolment in four-year-old Kindergarten is the first year of enrolment at Sacred Heart Thornlie. Applications for Kindergarten are accepted for those children that are turning four years old between 1 July to 30 June. Kindergarten applications are accepted a year or two prior to the child commencing kindergarten, these applications are filed and reviewed based on the enrolment criteria. Formal interviews are conducted with families that meet our enrolment criteria in May of the year prior to the child commencing kindergarten. A Kindy Parent Meeting and child orientation session is held in November of the preceding year to ensure a smooth transition into the school.
Interested in Enrolment?
Complete an Expression of Interest